Explore nature and art together in Rooftop ArtPark!
Open May (weather permitting) through early fall
Nature and art dance together to the sounds of the city in this outdoor gallery that overlooks downtown St. Paul. Rooftop ArtPark celebrates creative expression and appreciation for nature’s beauty and encourages children to delight in their own, as well as each other’s creations. Thinking creatively goes beyond visual arts. It is also a way of thinking that is interesting, outside the box, and applies to all experiences.
Dancing under the shadow dome and mimicking the movement of tree’s leaves, or using the cityscape to inspire a creation in the glass studio are just some of the ways Rooftop ArtPark add colorful brushstrokes to life’s canvas.
Playing in Rooftop ArtPark contributes to the development of essential life-long skills such as:
- Creative Thinking when molding a fantasy creature in the sand cove.
- Communication when dipping hands into the cool water of the stream bed and telling others how it feels.
- Coordination when scampering up and down the twelve foot tall tree fort.
Check out photos of the Rooftop ArtPark on our Flickr gallery.
Check out these books related to the Rooftop ArtPark gallery:
- Don't Step on the Sky: A Handful of Haiku by Miriam Chaikin
- Here Comes the Year by Eileen Spinelli
- In the Space of the Sky by Richard Lewis
- Shadows by April Pulley Sayre