See what develops in the Habitot gallery
Toddlers love to reach, touch, creep, crawl, and cruise around in Habitot®, a world sprinkled with mats and pads for sensitive knees and toes. Four tot-friendly Minnesota "habitots" including a prairie, cave, pond and forest, encourage toddlers and infants to safely investigate a creative, interactive, and experiential world created just for them.
Gallery activities include:
- Whisking down an arctic slide and build a tower using “snow” blocks
- Gazing into a tot-sized mirrors in a pond built for crawlers
- Exploring peek-a-boo holes in trees and dart around a pint-sized forest
Minnesota Children’s Museum does not offer group reservations on Tuesdays, so the Museum experience is especially friendly for little ones. Occasionally, child care and walk-up groups choose to visit the Museum on Tuesdays. Presented by Travelers Foundation.
Check out these books for young children:
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.
- Clap Your Hands by Lorinda Bryan Cauley
- So Much! By Trish Cook and Helen Oxenbury
- The Baby's Game Book by Isabel Wilner
- Time For Bed by Mem Fox