Discover Minnesota's Unique Habitats Up Close
Imagination and fun collide in this immersive exhibit that highlights Minnesota’s forest, prairie, and wetland environments, and the animals within them. Earth World is designed to encourage children’s social play while promoting empathy for the natural world.
Become an ant in the anthill and experience life in a society where existence relies on teamwork. This is just one of the many ways children can play and learn something that later benefits them in the anthill of life.
Playing in Earth World contributes to the development of essential life-long skills such as:
- Confidence when trying out something new.
- Collaboration when working together with other ants to keep the ant hill home humming.
- Communication when expressing excitement or sharing thoughts with others while playing in the stream.
Check out these books related to the Earth World gallery:
- Box Turtle at Long Pond by William T. George
- Owl Babies by Martin Waddell
- Who Hops? by Katie Davis