Accessibility at Minnesota Children's Museum
Minnesota Children's Museum welcomes all visitors and is committed to making its programs and facilities accessible to everyone.
- Parking: Designated parking is available in the parking ramp for visitors with disabilities. Vehicles up to seven feet tall can park in this ramp. The ramp is located kitty-corner from the Museum on Wabasha and West Seventh Streets. An elevator is located at the Museum’s skyway entrance (second floor) for access to the main floor of the Museum. Curbside metered parking is available on Wabasha Street, free of charge, for up to four hours for visitors with a valid handicapped-parking tag.
- Entrance: Visitor drop-off/pick-up is located at the main entrance on West Seventh Street. The entrance has no exterior or interior steps.
- Request for accommodation: If you would like to request an accommodation in advance of your visit, call 651-225-6000 or email our General Mailbox. Please submit your request at least three weeks in advance.
- Elevators: Elevators serving all levels are centrally located in the middle of each floor
- Wheelchairs: A limited number of wheelchairs are available free-of-charge at the Box Office on a first-come, first-served basis. You may reserve a wheelchair in advance of your visit by calling 651-225-6000.
- Restrooms: All public restrooms are fully accessible. Restrooms on the first floor offer automatic doors. Family restrooms located on the second and fourth floors offer private facilities for companion assistance.
- Drinking fountains: accessible drinking fountains are located next to the elevators on the first, second, and fourth floors and at the Rooftop ArtPark.
Large Print: Large print brochures are located at the Museum Box Office. Written material in the exhibit galleries is also in large print format.
Service Animals: Service animals are welcome in the Museum
Sensory Friendly: Sensory-friendly resources are designed for children on the autism spectrum, or others with sensory sensitivities. The Museum keeps a limited number of the following resources that can be used during your visit. These resources can be checked out at the Box Office:
The Museum keeps a limited number of the following resources that can be used during your visit. These resources can be checked out at the Box Office: