Minnesota Children's Museum Turns Birthday Parties into a Piece of Cake
Birthday celebrations at Minnesota Children's Museum are easy, fun-filled and unforgettable. Best of all, you can leave behind the stress of planning and picking up after the party. Our staff does all of the prep, set up, and clean up for you, allowing you more time to spend with your family and our seven galleries packed with extraordinary hands-on adventures. Now, save up to $40 on Friday Night birthday parties! Contact Birthday Parties online to find out how.
You can party later on Saturdays! The Museum is offering a Celebration and Super Celebration party option at 6 p.m.
Great ways to celebrate on any budget:
MINI BIRTHDAY PARTIES
Looking for a simple and inexpensive way to celebrate your child’s special day? The Museum’s new Mini Party allows your small birthday party group (10 – 20 guests, with a 10 guest minimum) to explore the Museum at your own pace for a discounted price. Cost is $6.50 per adult or child, with a minimum RSVP of 10 guests. Children under 1 are free. Learn more about the Mini Party option with our Mini Party Frequently Asked Questions.
Mini Parties include:
- Discounted admission for you and your party guests
- Special sticker for the birthday child
- Total booking flexibility during normal Museum hours (Please call for same day party requests)
- Downloadable party invites
CELEBRATION and SUPER CELEBRATION parties include:
- Party invitations - available by mail or you can download your own invitations below.
- Museum admission for 20 guests (One adult required for every five children. Both adults and children are considered "guests."Additional guests $6 each.)
- Personalized cake, ice cream, juice and tableware (Cakes ordered from Jerabek's New Bohemian Bakery - voted BEST chocolate cake by MplsStPaul Magazine and Pioneer Press)
- Birthday sticker for the birthday child
- Optional party favors available for $5 per child (plus tax)
- Pizza is available upon request for $12 per 1 topping pizza (plus tax)
CELEBRATION BIRTHDAY PARTIES include everything above plus:
- 1 hour at a reserved table in our shared party space
Cost: $180 for members, $205 for non-members*
Available: Tuesdays through Fridays at 3 p.m.; Fridays at 5 and 7 p.m.; Saturdays at 10 a.m., 12, 2, 4 and 6 p.m.; and Sundays at 10 a.m., 12, 2 and 4 p.m.
Learn more about the Celebration Birthday Party option with our Celebration Party Frequently Asked Questions.
Click on the image to download a PDF of your birthday invitation (Readable with Acrobat).Print out on 8.5 x 11 paper and quarter fold to make your invitations.
Minimum non-refundable deposit is $50 to book a Celebration or Super Celebration party.
SUPER CELEBRATION BIRTHDAY PARTIES include everything above plus:
- 1.5 hours reserved in our private party room with a birthday party host leading Museum-themed activities
- FREE parking for one vehicle
Cost: $280 for members, $330 for non-members*
Available: Saturdays at 10 a.m., 1, 3:30 and 6 p.m. and Sundays at 10 a.m., 1 and 3:30 p.m. Weekday times are available upon request.
Super Celebration parties are suitable for children ages 2 through 10 and their peers. Learn more with the Super Celebration Party Frequently Asked Questions.
CURRENT SUPER CELEBRATION THEMES:
Toddlers ages 1-2
Your little ones and guests will have a terrific and touchable time with this hands-on party. Experiment with finger paints and play with blocks, balls, tunnels and sensory tables in this free-flowing toddler paradise. There is also the option of parachute games, depending on the interest of you and your toddlers.
This Animal Adventure party sends your birthday child and their guests packing through the forest, over the hill and across the swamp to find clues to our special guest - a real, live box turtle. Guests will learn the importance of being prepared for travel as they decorate and prepare their very own backpack and discover how box turtle’s live and thrive within their environment.
Invent loads of science fun for your young genius! A Museum staff member will lead your guests through fun experiment using slime, water gel and "snow." Learn how to make a volcano and participate in a soda "explosion!"
Super Silly Science
Your young scientist will explore a world of wacky wonders as they conduct science experiments that will excite your guests! Step back and watch or join in the fun as your birthday child and guests create oceans in a bottle, slime and other curious concoctions.
Plan your party today!
For more information please contact Birthday Parties online or call 651-225-6000.
“$50 non-refundable deposit ($65 for Mini parties) required to secure a date. Schedule parties at least two weeks in advance. Prices subject to change. The unlimited visits of a membership do not apply to birthday party guests.