Youth Volunteer Opportunities
Join a dynamic team of youth volunteers at Minnesota Children's Museum!
PLAY! Spend your time playing with children in the Museum galleries and leading creative arts programs called Go Carts. You’ll volunteer with other high school students from around the Twin Cities and meet lots of new people.
LEARN! Gain experience working with children and build your teamwork, communication and leadership skills. This is a great way to build your resume for scholarships, college applications and future employment.
SERVE! Support your community and the families who visit the Museum with playful learning experiences by giving your time. You’ll be a positive role-model and make an impact on the lives of thousands of children.
Play Team volunteers must be enrolled in 9th -12th grade during the 2015-2016 school year. Summer Play Team members choose two week and two weekend commitments during the months of June-August. School-Year Play Team members choose 10 shifts throughout the school year on weekends and breaks during the months of November-May.
We are now accepting applications for the 2015-2016 school year. Applications are due by Friday, October 2 2015.
- Complete an Online Application
- Fill out one Parent Permission Form (Formulario de Autorización de Padres)
- Attend a Group Interview Session (choose date/time on Parent Permission Form)
- Self-schedule your volunteer shifts on VicNet (log-in information will be sent to your email once you become accepted)
- Attend one mandatory Play Team Training and Parent Meeting Session (choose date/time on Parent Permission Form)
Questions? Contact us at 651-225-6046 or email Volunteering/Internships.