Adult Volunteer Opportunities
There are a variety of ways for you to get involved and volunteer at Minnesota Children's Museum! Whether you'd prefer to play in the galleries or assist behind the scenes in the office, we have a great opportunity for you to spark children’s learning through play.
Playologists do a variety of activities with the children and families who visit the Museum such as:
- Facilitate the Spark Cart activity where children paint their own faces
- Play in our Earth World gallery and help children navigate the Anthill
- Help families and school groups check-in and find their way around the Museum
Behind the Scenes
Get involved in an almost limitless number of projects including:
- Complete administrative projects
- Conduct research about the Museum
- Build and maintain exhibits
Would you love to volunteer at the Museum but can't commit to a regular weekly shift? The Special Events Squad is the perfect volunteer opportunity for people with busy schedules. As a Special Event Volunteer, you'll have the choice to sign up for event shifts when you have time. Shifts are typically available in the evenings and on weekends; there are dozens of shifts to choose from each month. Examples of events include: Halloween, New Year's Eve and new exhibit Sneak Peek events.
How to Apply
Complete an online Adult Volunteer Application Form
Contact Volunteering/Internships online or call 651-225-6046 to have an application mailed, emailed or faxed to you.
Don't See What You're Looking For?
Sometimes volunteers are looking for an opportunity to use their own special skills to serve the Museum and our visitors in a unique way that we haven't advertised. Complete this Project Proposal Form if you would like to volunteer with us, but you don't see the type of opportunity you're looking for.
Examples of past volunteer projects include:
- A group of college kids created a communication plan.
- A retired-model maker created scale models of exhibit components.
- A human resources professional helped us recruit intern applicants.
It may not be possible for us to create a project that utilizes your special skills, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Volunteers receive free parking each time they volunteer.