Adult Volunteer Opportunities
There are a variety of ways for you to get involved as a volunteer at Minnesota Children's Museum! Whether you want to play in the galleries or assist behind the scenes in the office, we have a great opportunity for you to spark children’s learning through play.
Playologists do a variety of activities with the children and families who visit the Museum such as:
- Facilitate the Spark Cart activity where children paint their own faces
- Play in our Earth World gallery and help children navigate the Anthill
- Help families and school groups check-in and find their way around the Museum
- Commitment: 10 shifts within 6 months
Would you love to volunteer at the Museum but can't commit to a regular weekly shift?
A Special Events volunteer is the perfect opportunity for people with busy schedules. Events take place at a variety of times throughout the week with dozens of shifts to choose from each month.
- Sign-up for special events when it’s most convenient for you
- Assist staff and guest performers in running large and small-scale events
- Help children and their adult caregivers learn through play
- Commitment: 5 events within 6 months
Behind the Scenes
Behind the Scenes volunteers can help with a variety of opportunities throughout the Museum. These opportunities are dependent on project availability.
- Complete administrative projects in several different departments
- Prepare art materials for the Curiosity Center and exhibit galleries
- Build and maintain exhibit components
- Commitment: varies depending on specific assignment and supervisor
Complete an online Adult Volunteer Application Form. Volunteer Services will then contact you to complete the process. Check out the Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about volunteering at Minnesota Children’s Museum!
Contact Volunteering/Internships online or call 651-225-6046 to have an application mailed, emailed or faxed to you.
Don't See What You're Looking For?
Are you searching for a way to serve the Museum and our visitors in a unique way that we haven't advertised? Complete this Project Proposal Form if you would like to volunteer with us, but you don't see the type of opportunity you're looking for.
Examples of past volunteer projects include:
- A group of college kids created a communication plan.
- A retired-model maker created scale models of exhibit components.
- A human resources professional helped us recruit intern applicants.
It may not be possible for us to create every project that is proposed, but feel free to ask and we'll try to accommodate it.