Attract Visitors with this Groundbreaking Early Literacy Exhibit
In this highly immersive and engaging exhibit, families discover the joy and power of reading at any age. Imagine your visitors stepping into the world of their favorite storybooks — building a snowperson and making snow angels in The Snowy Day, then shaking the palm trees and exploring an oversized alphabet playground in Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.
Exhibit experiences including matching, rhyming, poetry and storytelling all help set the foundation for becoming literate by encouraging children to love books, learn words, tell stories, read everything, know letters, and hear sounds.
Featured books are The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault, The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats, Abuela by Arthur Dorros, Tuesday by David Wiesner, and Where's Spot? by Eric Hill.
See what others are saying about Storyland:
Stories Come Alive at the Minnesota Children's Museum, Mindy R., Proper Noun Blog
Storyland: A Trip Through Childhood Favorites, Jeanne Vergeront, Museum Planner
Host benefits include:
- Strong potential for local funding due to growing national interest in supporting early literacy
- The first traveling exhibit to focus content and multi-layered messaging on six essential pre-reading skills defined by the Every Child Ready to Read parent education initiative
- Collapsible and easy-to-store wheeled carts
- Instant email capture and visitor engagement exhibit kiosk
- Top-notch educational, marketing and installation materials
- Responsive support from experienced staff
- Messages geared toward adults to support continued learning at home
Content: Early literacy
Target Audience: Ages 6 months to 8, families and school groups
Languages: Text graphics are in English and Spanish
Venue Length: 3-4 months
BOOK TODAY! Contact Amber Stevenson, Traveling Exhibits Manager by calling 651-225-6053 or email.
Size: 1,500 square feet
Cost Per Venue: $40,000 plus inbound shipping
Available: Spring 2015 and beyond
Current and Future Hosts
Kohl Children's Museum of Greater Chicago
Miami Children's Museum
San Jose Children's Discovery Museum
Discovery Children's Museum
Contact Traveling Exhibits for more information.
This project is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services.
©2013 Minnesota Children’s Museum. All rights reserved.