Attract Visitors with this Groundbreaking Early Literacy Exhibit
New 500 square foot size available for a limited-time national tour!
In this highly immersive and engaging exhibit, families discover the joy and power of reading at any age. Imagine your visitors stepping into the world of their favorite storybooks — building a snowperson and making snow angels in The Snowy Day, tucking in Peter Rabbit, and finding Spot.
Exhibit experiences including matching, rhyming, poetry and storytelling all help set the foundation for becoming literate by encouraging children to love books, learn words, tell stories, read everything, know letters, and hear sounds.
Storyland 1,500 sq. ft. slideshow
Storyland 1,500 sq. ft. video
Featured books in the 1,500 square foot exhibit are The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault, The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats, Abuela by Arthur Dorros, Tuesday by David Wiesner, and Where's Spot? by Eric Hill. The 500 square foot exhibit includes The Tale of Peter Rabbit, The Snowy Day, and Where's Spot?
Host benefits include:
- Strong potential for local funding due to growing national interest in supporting early literacy
- The first traveling exhibit to focus content and multi-layered messaging on six essential pre-reading skills defined by the Every Child Ready to Read parent education initiative
- Easy-to-store wheeled carts (1,500 sq. ft. carts are collapsible)
- Modular and easily adaptable to a variety of gallery layouts
- Instant email capture and visitor engagement exhibit kiosk (1,500 sq. ft. only)
- Top-notch educational, marketing and installation materials
- Responsive support from experienced staff
- Messages geared toward adults to support continued learning at home
Content: Early literacy
Target Audience: Ages 6 months to 8, families and school groups
Languages: Text graphics are in English and Spanish
1,500 sq. ft. Venue Length: 3-4 months 500 sq. ft. Venue Length: Availalble by the month
BOOK TODAY! Contact Amber Stevenson, Traveling Exhibits Manager by calling 651-225-6053 or email.
Contact Traveling Exhibits for more information.
This project is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services.
©2013 Minnesota Children’s Museum. All rights reserved.