Count on fun with Go Figure!
Throughout this hands-on exhibit, five popular children’s books are brought to life in gigantic reproductions of the artists’ original illustrations. Inside each large-scale book, visitors find an attached copy of the featured book, a math based interactive relating to the book’s narrative, and tips for parents on supporting their child’s early explorations of math concepts. Exhibit components are modular and easily adapt to a variety of gallery layouts.
Inside Go Figure! visitors discover, play and talk about problem solving, numbers, shapes and patterns, attributes of objects, and size and measurement. Go Figure! is based on five popular children’s books: Arthur’s Pet Business by Marc Brown, The Doorbell Rang by Pat Hutchins, The Quilt by Ann Jonas, Frog and Toad are Friends: A Lost Button by Arnold Lobel, and Goldilocks and the Three Bears by James Marshall.
- To provide irresistible environments inspired by books that entice children from ages two to seven and adults to engage in math play.
- To help adults become aware of young children’s readiness to learn math, and inspire them to become partners in children’s math learning.
- To promote books, libraries, and family reading as tools for children from ages two to seven to learn math.
- To support the following messages for further learning at home:
- Math is more than numbers
- I can help my child do math
- Math is in books
- Math is everywhere
Math and Literacy
Children ages two through seven, families and groups.
Text graphics are in English and Spanish.
Available by the month.
Marketing, publicity, educational materials and installation guide are provided. Contact: Amber Stevenson, Traveling Exhibit Manager at 651-225-6053 or contact Traveling Exhibits online.
700 square feet
Cost Per Venue:
$1,500/month, $4,000/3 months, plus inbound shipping
Mid-March through early May, 2013, mid-December, 2013 and beyond