Curious George™: Let’s Get Curious!
More fun than a barrel of monkeys!
Letting curiosity and inquiry be their guides, visitors explore familiar buildings and locales from the Curious George™ book series and television show on PBS KIDS in Curious George™: Let's Get Curious! The exhibit presents key concepts in science, math and engineering, which are woven and layered throughout the exhibit. Activities invite visitors to learn like George-through direct experience and problem solving!
Upon entry to the exhibit, visitors find themselves on an urban street and are transported to the neighborhood in which Curious George lives with his friend, The Man with the Yellow Hat. The show's supporting characters appear throughout the exhibit, helping to provide context, deliver parent and take-home messages, and inject humor. Areas and activities have multi-generational appeal and include an apartment building, sidewalk produce stand, construction site, park, mini golf area, rocket, farm and museum retrospective.
(please be patient, this loads slowly...)
- Create an immersive environment based on the Curious George books and the television series on PBS KIDS® that sparks children’s innate curiosity about the world
- Provide fun, meaningful science, math, and engineering experiences that allow children to use inquiry skills and broaden critical thinking skills for investigating the world, solving problems, and making decisions
- Provide experiences that encourage conversations about science, math, and engineering concepts
- Make children’s science, math, and engineering learning visible to parents and caregivers
- Emphasize the critical role that parents and caregivers play in children’s science, math, and engineering learning
Science, Math and Engineering
Children ages three through seven, families and groups.
Text graphics are in English and Spanish.
Minnesota Children's Museum, Universal Studios Consumer Products Group, and publisher, Houghton Mifflin
Marketing, publicity, educational materials and installation guide are provided. On–call Museum staff support available.
|2,500 square feet||1,500 square feet|
|Cost Per Venue||$70,000 plus inbound shipping||$45,000 plus inbound shipping|
Current and Future Hosts
Liberty Science Center
San Jose Children's Discovery Museum
Available Spring 2014 and beyond
Current and Future Hosts
LaCrosse Children's Museum
Crown Center Redevelopment Corporation
Fort Worth Museum of Science and History
Discovery Center at Murfree Springs
Available Fall 2014 and beyond
For more information, contact Amber Stevenson, Traveling Exhibits Manager by calling 651-225-6053 or email.
©2008 “Curious George” television series merchandise © Universal Studios. Curious George™ and related characters, created by Margret and H.A. Rey, are copyrighted and trademarked by Houghton Mifflin Company and used under license. Licensed by Universal Studios Licensing LLLP. All rights reserved.