Adventures with Clifford the Big Red Dog™
Adventures with Clifford The Big Red Dog™ transports visitors to the world of Clifford™, Emily Elizabeth™ and all of the resdients of Birdwell Island. Like tourists visiting Birdwell Island, visitors will start their journey to the exhibit aboard the Birdwell Island ferry, complete with seagull sounds and clanking ship bells. During the adventure, children and adults will discover Clifford's Big Ideas- 10 simple, tangible life lessons designed to help you children navigate their world.
All of the exhibit "sites" are environments based on locations found on the Clifford The Big Red Dog™ television series on PBS KIDS. The exhibit content and environments include the Birdwell Island Ferry, Samuel's Fish and Chips Snack, Musical Marina (2,500 sq ft only), T-Bone's Beach Fun, Clifford and his doughouse, Emily Elizabeth's Backyard Theater, Howard's Home, Cleo's Backyard, Birdwell Island Post Office and the Birdwell Island Library and Norman Bridwell Art Retrospective.
- Provide museum visitors with a greater understanding of the social and emotional challenges children face every day.
- Create immersive exhibit environments where visitors become part of Clifford’s world.
- Provide opportunities for museum visitors to practice developmentally appropriate challenges through playful exhibit interactives.
- Foster positive social skills and feelings of success by creating open–ended and self–correcting activities throughout the exhibit.
- Promote adult/child dialogue about Clifford’s 10 Big Ideas—simple life lessons to help young children navigate their world.
Clifford’s Big Ideas
Social and emotional skill building
Children ages two through eight, families and groups
Text graphics are in English and Spanish
Developed by Minnesota Children's Museum and Scholastic Media.
Marketing, publicity, educational materials and installation guide are provided. On-call Museum staff support available. Contact: Amber Stevenson, Traveling Exhibits Manager at 651-225-6053 or contact Traveling Exhibits online.
|Size||2,500 square feet||1,500 square feet|
|Cost Per Venue||$70,000 plus inbound shipping||$45,000 plus inbound shipping|
Current and Future Hosts
Children's Discovery Museum of San Jose
Virginia Air Space Center
Orlando Science Center
Centro de Ciencias y Artes (Mexico)
Available Summer 2014 and beyond
Current and Future Hosts
McWane Science Center
Edventure Children's Museum
Children's Museum of Pittsburgh
Available Fall 2013 and beyond
Contact Traveling Exhibits for more information.
Adventures with Clifford The Big Red Dog™ was created by Minnesota Children’s Museum together with Scholastic Media. ©2006 Scholastic Media Inc. SCHOLASTIC and logos are trademarks of Scholastic Inc. CLIFFORD, EMILY ELIZABETH, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG and logos are trademarks of Norman Bridwell. All rights reserved.